Prof. H. N. Hashemi
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, 1982, MIT
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, 1979, MIT
B.S. and MS in Mechanical Engineering, 1975, Tehran University, Iran
Current teaching courses:
Dynamics and Mechanical
ME4508 Mechanical Engineering Computation & Design
ME4550 Mechanical Design
Mechanics of Composite Materials
Dynamic and Vibration
Fatigue and Fracture
1. A. Vaziri, H. Nayeb-Hashemi,& B. Tafti, “Computational model of rib movement and its application in studying the effects of age-related thoracic cage calcification on respiratory system”, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2010, 13, pp. 257-264.
2. H. N. Yang, P. Canavan, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, B. Najafi & A. Vaziri, “Protocol for Constructing Subject-Specific Biomechanical Model of Knee Joint”, Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2010, 13, pp. 589-603.
3. B. Haghpanah, A. Ajdari, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, and A. Vaziri, “Autofrettage of laminated and functionally graded metal-ceramic composite vessels”, Composite Structures, 2010, 92, pp. 1813-1822.
4. H. N. Yang, P. Canavan, H. Nayeb-Hashemi & A. Vaziri, “Effect of the frontal plane tibiofemoral angle on the stress and strain at the knee cartilage during the stance phase of the gait cycle”, J. Orthopedic Research, 2010, 28, pp. 1539-1547.
5.. S.C. Corbett, A. Ajdari, A. U. Coskun and H. N. Hashemi, “ In Vitro and Computational Thrombosis on Artificial Surfaces With Shear Stress,” Artificial Organs, 34(7):2010, pp. 561-569.
6. N. H. Yang, P. K. Canavan and H. Nayeb-Hashemi, “ The Effect of Frontal Plane Tibiofemoral Angle and Varus Knee Moment on the Contact Stress and Strain at the Knee Cartilage,” J. Of Applied Biomechanics, 2010, 26, pp. 432-443.
7. S. C. Corbett, A. Ajdari, A. Coskun and H. Nayeb-Hashemi, “ Effect of Pulsatile Flow on Thrombosis Potential With a Step Wall Transition, ASAIO Journal, Volume 56, issue 4, pp. 290-295.
8. A. Ajdari, H. Nayeb-Hashemi,& A. Vaziri, “Dynamic crushing and energy absorption of regular, irregular and functionally graded cellular structures”, Int. J. Solids and Structures, 2011, 48, pp. 506-516.
9. M. Ashrafi, H. Nayeb-Hashemi & A. Vaziri, “Effect of Processing Variables and Fiber Reinforcement on the Mechanical Properties of Wood Plastic Composites”, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2011, 30, pp. 1939-1945.
10. Andrew Homyk, Alexander Orsi, Story Wibby , Nicholas Yang, H. Nayeb-Hashemi and P. Canavan, “ Failure Locus of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament: 3D Finite Element Analysis, “ Comput. Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Eng. Vol 15, No.8, August 2012, 865-874.
11. Mahdi Ashrafi , AminAjdari, NimaRahbar, JimPapadopoulos, Hamid Nayeb-Hashemi, AshkanVaziri, Adhesively bonded single lap joints with non-flat interfaces, International Journal of Adhesion & Adhesives, 2011, pp. 1-7.
12. B. Haghpanah, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, and A. Vaziri, " Elasto-Plastic Stresses in a Functionally Graded Rotating Disk," J. of Eng. Mat. Tech. Vol. 134, April 2012,
13. A. Marzban, P. Canavan, G. Warner, A. Vaziri, and H. Nayeb-Hashemi, " Paramteric Investigation of Load Induced Structure Remodeling in the Proximal Femure," I J. of Eng. in Medicine, Proc.IMech, part H:, Vol. 226, iss 6, June 2012, pp/450-460
14. S. Babaee, B. Haghpanah, A. Ajdari, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, and A. Vaziri," Mechanical Properties of Open-Cell Rhombic Dodecahdron Cellular Structures, " Acta Materialia, 2012, 60, pp. 2873-2885.
15. A. Ajdari, B. Hapghpanah Jahromi, J. Papadopoulos, H. Nayeb-Hashemi & A. Vaziri, “Hierarchical honeycombs with tailorable properties”, Int. J. Solids and Structures, 2012, 49, pp. 1413-1419
16. A. Marzban, H. Nayeb-Hashemi, and A. Vaziri, " Numerical simulation of load-induced bone structural remodeling using stress-limit criterion, " will appear in the Comput. Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Eng., 2013.
17. P. Boloori_Zadeh, Scott C Corbett and Hamid Nayeb- Hashemi, " Effects of fluid flow shear rate and surface roughness on the calcification of polymeric heart valve leaflet, " accepted and will appear in the Journal of Materials Science and Engineering: C , 2013.