- Semiconductor device physics
- Solid-state biosensors
- Computational modeling and simulation of biosensors
- Software design for sensor circuits and systems
Presentations & Publications
- A. Momeni, F. Previlion, A. Despopoulos, G. Schirner, J. Kimani, D. Kaeli, Engaging Sophomores in Embedded Design using Robotics, Workshop on Computer Architecture Education (WCAE), June 2015.
- D. P. Klemer, J.K. Kimani, B.C. Pietz, Biomolecular Immobilization onto Microwave GaAs Field-Effect Transistor Gate Metal, Biomedical Sciences Instrumentation, April 2009.
- J.K. Kimani, F. Li, D. P. Klemer, S. Mao, J. Chen, and D.A. Steeber, Microwave Modeling of Interdigitated Polymer Semiconductor Biosensors, 32nd Annual Great Lakes Biomedical Conference, Racine, WI, 18 April 2008.
- F. Li, D.P. Klemer, J.K. Kimani, S. Mao, J. Chen, D.A. Steeber. Fabrication and characterization of microwave immunosensors based on organic semiconductors with nanogold-labeled antibody. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), August, 2008.
- S. Mao, F. Li, J. K. Kimani, J. H. Chen, and D. P. Klemer, A hybrid Nanostructure System Defined by Electrospray Deposition for Microwave Application. Presented at the Argonne National Laboratory 2008 Users Meetings, Argonne, IL, May 4-8, 2008.
- A. D. Mueller, S. Golembiewski, D.P. Klemer, J.A. Fendt, C.S. Mosey, J.K. Kimani, K.M. Oaks, B.R. Forman, DVM and the UWM Fall 2007 EE330 Electronics I Class, "A Self-Contained Micropower Pulse Monitor for Rodent Anesthesia: Design and Implementation," 32nd Annual Great Lakes Biomedical Conference, Racine, WI, 18 April 2008.
- D. Garmatyuk, J. Schuerger, J. Morton, K. Binns, M. Durbin, J. Kimani. Feasibility Study of a Multi-Carrier Dual-Use Imaging Radar and Communication System. IEEE European Microwave Conference (EuMC), October 8 - 12, 2007.
- John Kimani, Justin Woo, Douglas Herbert, Yung-Hsiang Lu. CO2 Sensing for Indoor Air Quality Detection Using Sensor Networks. 2006 National Conference for the Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS), Tampa, FL. October 26-29, 2006.
- John Kimani, Justin Woo, Douglas Herbert, Yung-Hsiang Lu. CO2 Sensing for Indoor Air Quality Detection Using Sensor Networks. CIC Annual SROP Research Conference, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, July 21 - 23, 2006.