Time Delay Systems Community Service:
- Review service since 2002 multiple times for 14 different conferences and over 40 different journals
- co-creator with Prof. Niculescu the e-delay systems email list. Click here to subscribe. Currently we have about 1,500 members on the list
- co-edited three volumes with Springer (see News below) each with about 400 pages
- co-organized and the Editor/Program Chair of 2012 IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems
- Associate Editor roles for ACC (2010, 2012-2015), ASME DSCC (2011-2015), ECC (2014-2015), IFAC TDS (2009, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016), ASME IDETC (2011, 2015, 2009)
- co-organized three educational Workshops on Time Delay Systems at major controls conferences (see below)
- Program Committee Member, ACC 2010, ASME DSCC 2009, 2011, IEEE CCA MSC 2016
- co-organized several invited sessions on time delay systems at major control conferences since 2006
- chair/co-chair of sessions on time delay systems at major controls conferences under ASME, IEEE, IFAC.
WORKSHOP SERIES ON TIME DELAY SYSTEMS
- 2013 European Control Conference, Zurich, Switzerland
- 2013 Ieee Conference On Decision And Control, Florence, Italy
- 2014 European Control Conference, Strasbourg, France
Fatihcan M. Atay, GERMANY
Dimitri Breda, ITALY
Wim Michiels, BELGIUM
Silviu-Iulian Niculescu, FRANCE
Hitay Ozbay, TURKEY
Rifat Sipahi, USA
Sipahi elected ASME Fellow (2014)
Sipahi elected Faculty Fellow, College of Engineering, NU (2014)
According to the statistics from Springer Verlag, over 18,000 times chapter downloads were recorded from the volume edited by Loiseau, J.-J. Niculescu, S.-I., Michiels, W., Sipahi, R., from August 11, 2009 to June, 2014.
According to the statistics from Springer Verlag, over 23,000 times chapter downloads were recorded from the volume edited by Sipahi, R., Vyhlidal, T., Niculescu, S.-I., Pepe, P., from February 23, 2012 to June, 2014.
According to the statistics from Springer Verlag, over 24,000 times chapter downloads were recorded from the volume edited by Vyhlidal, T., Lafay, J.-F., Sipahi, R., from September 10, 2013 to June, 2014.
Sipahi gave a plenary talk at the past IEEE International Conference on Electrical Engineering, Computing Science and Automatic Control held in Mexico City.
- Sipahi's plenary talk can be accessed via YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vt4ySkgcrE
- Sipahi was awarded the 2011 DARPA Young Faculty Award.
- Sipahi was awarded the 2011 Martin Essigman Outstanding Teaching Award of the College of Engineering.
- What's with the delay? -- Sipahi is in the news @ Northeastern.